Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'll be going somewhere in the Fall!

I feel like I need to be cryptic about this, because admissions letters have not been sent out yet - but I've been told by an admissions director that I was accepted to the doctoral program at one of my schools! I'll still have to wait a while to hear from the others, and I still don't know what the funding situation is like at this one (not the absolute most important thing since Kate is working, but still quite important). But the point is - I feel like I can breath easy now. That last month has been very stressful worrying about all this.

5 comments:

  1. I would take into consideration the fact that they were so sure they wanted you so soon. Given that, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that they'll be interested in scraping together some funding for you? At least I imagine you'd be more of a priority for them than lower ranked prospective doctoral students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly - the guy said he wanted to talk to me, and I expect that may be what he wants to talk about. I know they're more resource constrained than others, so I still don't know what that implies. Anyway - we'll see. Stress is largely off at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Dude... Good luck with rest and with your funding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Fall I hope to be at the end of a 2,700 overland journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I have some more thoughts on my program if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.