Monday, February 14, 2011

Two quick things...

1. Every day I'm learning more about the academic publishing biz... just recently had a manuscript rejected from Social Science Quarterly (this was primarily my writing and data work, albeit for work - my heart and mind ain't in revising and resubmitting just yet - the contract for the research that produced it is long over), and I just submitted one (this will be my third to a journal) to the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization. We'll see how that one fares.

2. I always forget that in the end, you all are just a bunch of smelly hippies.

1 comment:

  1. Social "Science" Quarterly!

    Marquis de Condorcet coined the words "social science" in order to describe theories and ideas about life that he favoured.

    Many commentators and philosophers in the past 200 years are no different from today's TV talking heads and pundits, but they managed to get an aura of authority about themselves by calling themselves "social scientists".

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.